Group Controller/ Director Financial Shared Services
For a large project driven multinational we are looking for the Group Controller/ Director Financial Shared Services.
As the Interim Group Controller/ Director Financial Shared Services you are with your team responsible for delivering up to standard accounting, administration and governance services. By doing so you maintain an up to date set of financial and non-financial data fit for reporting needs of and safeguarding the Financial health of the company. Maintain the financial heart of the organization by effective and efficient data collection and transaction processing and the services (risk management, integrated reporting, property contracts and mobility) the department provides are instrumental to guarantee the single source of truth (integrated value chain partner).
Interim Group Controller/ Director Financial Shared services is responsible for empowering the team and growing it’s performance and next to day-to-day business and projects, realising company goals, synergies, harmonization and integration. You are responsible for a team of about 120 FTE with 9 direct reports and will report to the Group CFO.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
• Overall management of the department, the team and it’s performance
• Empower, inspire and create opportunities for growth by providing clear direction, coaching, supporting and recognizing performance and exchange of knowledge and expertise
• Act as a role model and create the right context for employees to show the desired mind-set and behaviour
• Lead the change process towards an effective functional steered department in order to realise company goals, synergies, harmonization and integration
• Think and act strategically to effectuate leaps in the development of the functional domain
• Develop leadership capacity, exercise and encourage independent judgment, institutionalise a culture of reflection and continuous learning
• Trusted partner and advisor for the Executive Board, management and other stakeholders
• Translate developments with impact on the company and department
• Responsible for financial reporting, annual accounts and as such a driver in the development of reporting meeting societal, regulatory developments and investor needs
• Responsible for strategic risk management and Internal Control. As such a central role in the GRC community, together with peers setting strategy and aligning GRC activities within the company
• Responsible for formulating and executing Corporate Tax Strategy, ie, Corporate Income Tax, VAT, Wage Tax, including compliance
• Responsible for financial services and execution of travel and fleet management
• Responsible for developing and execution of insurance strategy.
• Academic working and thinking level and a relevant university degree (Accounting, Finance, Business administration or related fields); RA or RC is a pre
• More than 10 years of relevant experience in managing Financial Shared Services departments, preferably in a larger international company
• Knowledge of IFRS, Dutch GAAP
• Broad leadership experience and well developed competencies which embody the leadership principles
• Actively demonstrate a shared sense of responsibility for the whole organisation
• Capable of being a trusted partner and advisor for a diverse group of stakeholders (Executive Board, Management, strategic partners and other external stakeholders) and capable of being a representative of the company
• Understanding of data privacy standards
• Well organized, self-starter, cooperative, natural leader and able to inspire the team for maximum teamwork and performance
• High level of assertiveness, initiative, creativity and independence as well as being a strong communicator
• Excellent language skills, both in English and preferably in German and/or Dutch
• Able and willing to travel to various locations in Europe.
It is a full-time assignment for 6 to 12 months.
Rutger Kamphuis #697