CFO Software company (Private Equity owned)
Currently we are looking for the Finance Director/CFO for a mid-sized scale up software development (SAAS) company in The Hague/ Frankfurt Area.
The company develops and implements software to control the lifecycle of smart cards used at its blue-chip client base. Its web-based software platform connects physical access systems (such as entry gates) with (HR) ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle. Its users (ranging from receptionists to HR employees) can easily manage workflows regarding rights of personal smartcards and / or groups of users (e.g. external contractors, employees in the finance department). With the platform, companies are always able to gain efficiencies regarding granting (access)rights and be sure to be compliant with its (access)protocols.
In addition to the proprietary software platform, its auxiliary services include consultancy, project management, personalisation and support. Clients include governments, financial institutions, healthcare institutions, universities, industrial companies. The company employs ~80 FTE and is currently active in the Benelux and DACH regions and has offices in The Hague, near Frankfurt and in Islamabad (Pakistan). Current revenue level is around € 12 million with a solid EBITDA.
Recently a well-known and solid Private Equity investor joined as a shareholder to support the companies further professionalising and the international roll out. For 2022 the objective is to organise the business succession of the founders and building a winning team at C-level who is capable to execute the ambitious growth plans. To achieve these objectives, we are currently recruiting the Finance Director/ CFO with additional operational responsibility. Together with the founders (who remain as minority shareholders), the investor and the rest of the management team (including a new CEO), they want to realise their ambitious growth plans, boosting sales in regions it is currently active and enter new regions including the United Kingdom and France.
Strategic focus and objectives
The ambition is to accelerate growth of the company and to at least double the EBITDA by 2025. The investment case is built upon the following pillars:
• Initiate cross- and upselling by active account management: Further develop the current client base with customer success teams; increase share of wallet and roll out our product(s) at all clients’ locations (worldwide) and add existing modules to the system
• Ramp up the sales and marketing : Targeted client acquisition by leveraging upon credentials within current verticals. Focus on EU institutions, universities and blue chips
• Continuous product development: Continuous development of modules to increase the added value in new verticals (i.e. Telecom, Utilities)
• Accelerate growth: Expand customer base with a targeted Buy & Build strategy
The Finance Director/ CFO is end-responsible for the entire financial administration of the organization. Next to this the integration of the Finance Director/CFO and operational control function; a new position. The Finance Director/CFO is the right hand of the CEO. Main responsibilities including the professionalisation of the financial and business control. Other focus areas are compliancy and certification, HR and legal. More in detail:
• Ultimately responsible for the financial administration and accuracy of figures. Taking care of a well-oiled financial administration so that finance can deliver more added value on the business side;
• Sparring partner to the CEO on a financial (and strategic) level;
• Accounting controlling and steering with hands-on mentality if necessary;
• Preparation of periodic financial reports, budgets, annual accounts, investment analyses, profit and loss accounts, etc.;
• Conducting the annual reports (organizations and consolidated on Group level);
• Responsible for all tax declarations in Germany and the Netherlands (e.g. VAT);
• Project controlling (unearned/unbilled) and interaction with the corresponding departments;
• Cash flow management, managing cash flows and ensuring optimal working capital management and reporting which also includes the interaction with debtors;
• Drafting, coordinating and monitoring the realisation of the budget and longer term (rolling) forecasts. Identifying budget deviations and addressing them;
• Managing a small team of 4 people, 2 in The Netherlands and 2 in Germany;
• Drafting management reports. Constantly improving (financial) reports and analyses (including quality, correctness and uniformity);
• Create a data-driven approach to institutionalise Business Intelligence to support the sales teams and daily (project) operations;
• Identifying, mapping and reducing risks, optimising the legal and fiscal structure (if beneficial);
• (Financial) integration of acquisitions. Integrating (financial) organisations with operational excellence as their goal (together with Bleu Field);
• Maintaining relationship with bank including bank reporting;
• (Financial) integration of acquisitions. Integrating (financial) organisations with operational excellence as their goal;
• Active contribution in the field of M&A and post M&A/ integration;
• Optimal structuring of processes with regard to regulation, (i.e. GDPR);
• Taking care of the overall design of accounting, AO/IC and ICT with the ambitions of the company;
• Optimize/improve the financial-administrative processes and systems.
• Entrepreneurial; Hands-on, analytically strong, someone who keeps an overview, sets priorities and manages the various projects side by side;
• Strong business sense. Signalling opportunities, someone who likes to constantly evaluate and challenge the business, identify risks and monitors and act on margin developments;
• Natural sense of urgency in carrying out improvement projects without sacrificing quality;
• A strong people manager who quickly builds a relationship with management, Committed Capital, employees;
• Professional to own team, predictable in behaviour, challenging. Constantly striving for quality of the own department/team members;
• Transparent, genuine, bad news first. Sufficient seniority towards sales;
• Someone who does not act from a hierarchical position, but from a professionalism and added value. Hands-on personality;
• Completed academic business economics course preferably supplemented with RA/ RC;
• 10-15+ years of broad finance experience within a project management / service environment (preferably within software/ tech-driven environment);
• Experience as a hans-on finance director/CFO with final responsibility in a (scale-up/mid-sized) international environment;
• Strong affinity with both German and NL, accounting-wise and culturally;
• Fluent in Dutch and English is a must, German is a strong advantage;
• Willing to travel between Netherlands and Germany (Frankfurt) on a regular basis (if needed, max 4 days a month);
• Experience with rapidly growing organisation(s) is an advantage;
• Experience within PE environment is not a must but a plus.
Good base salary + car + option to participate after 6 months.
Rutger Kamphuis #768