Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners is a fund management company founded in 2012, which currently has eight funds and more than EUR 16 billion under management. CIP’s current investments include a wide range of energy infrastructure assets including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar PV, biomass and energy from waste, transmission, distribution, and other energy assets like reserve capacity and storage.
With employees in Europe, North America and Asia-Pacific, CIP is a global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Joining the CIP Flagship Fund Investment Team, you will contribute to the development, structuring and execution of investments in greenfield renewable energy infrastructure projects in the European markets where Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners see scale and growth across a variety of energy infrastructure assets including offshore wind, onshore wind, solar PV, storage, thermal and transmission. You will work closely together with a highly experienced team in a high-pace dynamic and international environment. The Flagship Fund, currently fund CI IV (€7bn+), is the main fund under CIP management which focuses on global OECD markets and is a central part of a growth target of €100bn AUM by 2030 across all CIP managed funds.
You will be part of the Flagship Fund Investment Team which is a global team of 40 highly skilled and experienced investment professionals. The European team has 17 people based in Copenhagen, London and Utrecht and is responsible for origination of all investment opportunities comprising primarily of early-stage development projects across a range of technologies. This is a small team of highly skilled professionals and as a Associate you will be given a high level of responsibility.
• Development and management of financial models and review of economic and financial assumptions
• Research in relation to counterparties, markets, and assets
• Manage investment due diligence, project development & financing, and divestment processes
• Support on the negotiation of agreements and contracts (share purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, financing agreement, procurement, agreements relating to development, construction, and operations of the assets)
• Working with and managing external advisors and partners, including legal, financial, and technical
• Development of analysis and high-quality presentations for internal decision makers and external stakeholders
• Mentor analysts and secure the quality of their deliverables
• Active participation and management of an international and dynamic team focused on making projects happen and adding real value to investments
The work is project driven and will involve all aspects of the infrastructure investment process including sourcing and acquisition, financing, and exits. CIP offers an attractive compensation package and exceptional career prospects.
The work environment at CIP is fast paced, stimulating, global and demanding. We are therefore looking for a self-driven and analytical professional holding a relevant master’s degree within Economics, Finance, Business, or other related fields and 2-3 years of work experience in a similar position in an international organization.
Candidates are expected to be team players and self-starters who are comfortable taking responsibility for and completing workstreams. Key qualifications include:
• Strong academic background with a relevant degree from a leading university
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills and very strong attention to detail
• Solid corporate finance knowledge, particularly in terms of valuation and financial modelling
• Possess a strong analytical aptitude and has a structured and project-oriented approach to work
• Excellent written and verbal communication in English
• Ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines
• Great experience in Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience in renewable energy, telecom and infrastructure sector
• A positive attitude and a strong desire to work in a growing organization with a lot of responsibility and ability to shape your own working day
Eric Mohr #772